STAFF NURSE, DIGITAL SERVICES, PALLIATIVE CARE
£27K (DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE) PLUS EXCELLENT STAFF BENEFITS
BASED IN POOLE WITH SOME TRAVEL THROUGHOUT THE PURBECKS AND EAST DORSET
MONDAY – FRIDAY – 9am – 5pm
Do you want to make a difference? Could you lead our improvement project in digital health? At Lewis-Manning Hospice Care we pride ourselves in allowing our nurses the opportunity to ‘take time to care’ and really connect with the patients that they are caring for.
Who are we and what do we do?
Lewis-Manning Hospice Care is an independent charity that offers holistic care to local people living with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses, and support for their carers. We are now in an exciting new phase of development, taking our services into and nearer to people’s homes. We have moved our new base to the centre of Poole, and are extending services to satellites hubs and into people homes using successful, proven, digital technology throughout the locality. We also offer a Family Support and Bereavement service, Lymphoedema clinics for cancer patients, Better Breathing clinics and Clinical Complementary Therapy service.
Lewis-Manning Hospice Care is the winner of the Poole Business Awards Best Place to Work.
What our nurses say about working with us:
- “We have time to care and are able to connect with our patients.”
- “I love the regular day time hours, allowing me to work flexibly around my family.”
- “A brilliant team to work with and I am able to connect with colleagues across the whole organisation.”
What our patients say about our digital service:
- 96% state the virtual services have been valuable to them.
- 96% want to continue receiving virtual care and support once face to face services re-open.
- “I have found it a lifeline at times”.
- “It makes my day. I feel so much better at the end of my video call”.
- “I wasn’t keen at first to try using the tablet. I am pleased I decided to give it a go. It’s a great support to me”.
- “Really been brilliant. It has kept me going”.
We are looking for a registered nurse with at least 4 years’ experience, ideally with some experience in oncology or palliative care and a keen interest in digital health. You will already have experience of terminally ill and dying patients, a basic knowledge of palliative care and symptom control and a desire to take the lead on digital nurse-led innovation in our charity. Your passion for high quality clinical care and governance awareness will be high and your interpersonal and communication skills outstanding with well-developed assessment and decision-making skills. You will be IT confident and have experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
We very much look forward to hearing from you and the possibility of you joining our well-respected team. To join the Lewis-Manning Hospice Team you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless you are medically exempt and can provide evidence of your exemption during the interview process. For more information please see our detailed job description. For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit please contact our Day Hospice Team Leader, Debbie, on 01202 708470.