Location: Community based, at the homes of patients
Our newest role is a Patient Befriender. Volunteers will be given full training to spend time with patients who need some companionship. No personal care or household chores are required. Bring some cheer to patients who are isolated in their homes.
Tasks could include:
- Support patients in the own homes for a couple of hour sessions each week
- Provide one to one companionship by listening, reading, talking, playing games, watching TV, letter writing etc.
- Provide emotional support
- Provide practical help by making drinks and light lunches
You will be required to:
- Attend an introduction session with a HCA or nurse
- Communicating promptly with the Duty Nurse with any concerns or updates
- Write and submit, via a Lewis-Manning secure tablet, basic notes for the patients’ records on the day of the visit or early the next day
- Complete all mandatory training