Location: Purbeck Community – collecting patients from their own homes and taking them to their respite sessions.
Do you have a couple of hours free a week to help transport our patients to a respite session.
Lewis-Manning provide respite sessions Monday-Friday with no weekends.
You will use your own car to transport the patients and all travel costs will be reimbursed at a rate of 45p per mile.
Are you friendly, approachable, a good communicator and confident driver?
- To collect patients from their own homes and take them to the hospice. At the end
of their session collect and return the patients home, in your own car.
- Drivers may be required to carry light loads, such as hand bags or walking sticks.
- To pass on any concerns you have about a patient’s condition to the appropriate
member of Hospice staff without delay.
- Maintain confidentiality; volunteer drivers are not expected to discuss any patients
with anyone other than the appropriate member of hospice staff.
- Adhere to our Driving Patients for Lewis-Manning Hospice’ Policy and our Driving
at Work Policy’
In order to take this role, you will need:
A clean driving license and provide proof of tax and mot
Your own car-mileage costs will be reimbursed at a rate of 0.45p per mile