Volunteer Trust Researcher
Location: Lewis-Manning Hospice Care, 174 Bournemouth Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH14 9HA
Required: This role can be office based or hybrid. We are not looking for a set number of hours, just as much time as someone feels they might be able to commit.
Purpose: As a Volunteer Trust Researcher, you will contribute to the Fundraising team’s crucial role to raise funds for Lewis-Manning Hospice Care. You will research potential funders (mainly Charitable Trusts and Foundations) to fund our activities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Conduct online searches for suitable trusts.
- Make phone calls and other correspondence with trusts to ascertain our eligibility.
- Maintaining easy records of the trusts we have researched, approached and outcomes.
- Assist with sending off applications.
- Any other related activities that you and the fundraiser identify that could be useful.
- Ability to research and work independently.
- A warm and friendly telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Basic excel spreadsheet experience
You will receive guidance and training from a member of the Trust Fundraising team.
There will also be the possibility of getting involved in other areas of fundraising if this is of interest, working with other members of the fundraising team or if you have your own ideas and initiatives.