Location: Our charity shops across Winton, Westbourne, Ashley Cross, Christchurch, Wimborne and Poole need your help!
Do you have a morning or afternoon free each week to help at our charity shops?
Come and join our teams of Volunteer Retail Assistants in one of our shops across Winton, Westbourne, Ashley Cross, Christchurch, Wimborne, Poole, Ringwood and Swanage.
Our shops are open 7 days a week to raise much needed funds for our hospice services.
You will be asked to:
- Provide a positive first impression upon arrival at a Lewis-Manning retail charity
shop and create a welcoming and helpful atmosphere
- Assist and serve customers in the shop and at the till point, providing customer
service of the highest standard
- Promote Gift Aid to all donators
- Help with processing stock, including sorting, steaming, pricing, sizing, labelling,
hanging of donated items and setting apart articles for recycling
- Clean bric-a-brac items in preparation for sale
- Replenishing stock on the shop floor as necessary
- To be involved with the till operation and the handling of cash and cheque payment
- Administrative tasks such as stocktaking
- Help to keep the shop clean and tidy (taking into account health & safety issues
- Contact the shop manager as soon as possible by telephone or email if unable to
fulfil your commitment so that replacement cover can be arranged
- Undertake any other duties as and when necessary
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Adhering to all shop policies and procedures
- Adhering to the Volunteer policies and procedures including Health & Safety
- A good knowledge of Lewis-Manning Hospice Care’s services is required, to enable
you to promote public understanding of the work we do and the importance of
raising funds through the shop