Location: Community – collecting patients from their own homes and taking them to their respite sessions.
Do you have some spare time to help transport patients from their homes into our respite sessions?
Are you friendly, approachable, a good communicator and confident driver?
- To collect patients from their own homes and take them to the hospice. At the end
of their session collect and return the patients home, in your own car.
- Drivers may be required to carry light loads, such as hand bags or walking sticks.
- To pass on any concems you have about a patient’s condition to the appropriate
member of Hospice staff without delay.
- Maintain confidentiality; volunteer drivers are not expected to discuss any patients
with anyone other than the appropriate member of hospice staff.
- Adhere to our Driving Patients for Lewis-Manning Hospice’ Policy and our Driving
at Work Policy’
In order to take this role, you will need:
A clean driving license and provide proof of tax and mot
Your own car-mileage costs will be reimbursed at a rate of 0.45p per mile